Friday 13 June 2014

Breaking the Records Part 2

It is time for the second Breaking the Records posting. The first part is found here.

Burbee

At first, I couldn't do any proper burbees. It just felt that I didn't even have the right muscles to do it. So instead of jumping back to the push-up position I only stepped back. Nowadays I can do at least 5 burpees correctly in a row.



Men's push-ups

My record of the men's push-ups is six. I'm still very happy of this result, even if I couldn't do any in my latest fitness test. Couple of months ago I couldn't believe that I could even try to do men's push-ups. Maybe the Kinect sensor acted up last week when it supposedly couldn't count.



Running high-knees

The fitness test always ends to the high knee running where I have to run three 30 second drills with high knees. There is about 30 seconds break in between the drills. In my first fitness test in January, I couldn't run 30 seconds even in the first drill. Last time I ran even in the end of the third drill and I even improved the result compared to the second drill, because I ran as I wouldn't need to ever run again after the test. Number of the countable high knee steps in three drills were 93, 77 and 81.



One leg squats

Nowadays I can do 15 one leg squats that are counted. In the first fitness test I couldn't do any.



Plank

Instead of traditional plank, I do nowadays plank to pushup drill. In the latest muscle training I should have done 20 repetitions in a row, but I had to rest in the middle. My record is 10 repetitions in a row now.





Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work - keep it up!
    It's great to see and keep track of progress like this, it really helps keep you focused.
    Love the drawings by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is nice to return to these record postings if the project otherwise feels desperate and it seems that there is no light in the end of tunnel. These records reminds me of the improvement I have achieved even if the weight losing isn't in schedule etc. I also think that the drawings are better than the pics I previously found by googling.

      Delete