Wednesday 14 May 2014

The First Hills

I did the first hill run exercise yesterday with the pram before I picked up the girls from daycare. I did the warm up and running part myself and then walked the cool down part home from the kindergarten with the kids. We have lack of good hills in Oulu area so I just did five spurts between the basic running exercise. It was nice to notice that I can now run as fast as during the hill run exercises couple of years ago before the pregnancy and just before the half marathon. And I had pram with me! Without it I could run even faster. But because of the excess weight I've got, I feel that my legs would start to hurt if I would go that fast any longer. So my legs still need time to get use to running steps before I can increase more the tempo of the exercises. The snail style exercises are still the most important ones even if there are some spurts and higher heart rate periods added to the training program.
Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment