Sunday 18 May 2014

Halfmaraton Plans and Long Run of 60 Minutes

Today we booked a cottage from Levi, Lapland for a long weekend in September with a friend. We are going to spent weekend there with our families and participate in half-marathon in Ruskamaraton event. The registration to the event is not yet possible but because we already have accommodation I think the half marathon plan is already quit heavily official.

Yesterday I made a long run of 60 minutes. I stayed on a route all together 1 hour and 15 minutes but the distance I ran was only a bit over five kilometers. I think it was a successful long run because I had patience to run very slowly to the end. Typically, I start to run with higher heart rate when I don't focus on my running pace and cross the heart rate limit couple of times. It so easy to think that next exercise I'll do more properly. Today I managed to focus on the current doings. And we have been lucky to have the best spring weather this weekend so the running was again so enjoyable!

Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment