Saturday 12 April 2014

Long Break was Worth It

Today I planned to carefully try running again. A week ago I could see it in my heart rate level that I'm not in shape. It was hard to keep the heart rate down even in walking and I thought then that the very hard aerobic home training I did in the previous evening affected. Now I ran after the fitness test and muscle training and my leg muscles felt sore before I left to route. Still the training felt good from the beginning. There were no difficulties to keep the low pace and low heart rate in warm up and I think this was the first time now that I could keep my heart rate under 130 very easily in running part. Last week my heart rate didn't decrease in cool down but now when I walked it stayed under 120 in the end. Today I didn't want to do any spurts so the maximum HR also stayed in low.

Summary:
  • Last Saturday my average HR was 140 and maximum HR was 154
  • This morning my average HR was 129 and maximum HR was 140
  • In one of my first week running the average pace was exactly the same as today but my average HR was 138 and maximum HR was 187
Maybe I see a bit progress in running too..

Sportterfly

PS. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO LEAVE COMMENTS EITHER IN ENGLISH, FINNISH OR SWEDISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment